Wentworth Garden Centre is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the security of the information that you provide to us.
Wentworth Garden Centre has always and remains committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the security of the information that you provide to us. We are the data controller of the personal information processed via this Website.
Information we collect
In order to provide you with a smooth, efficient and personalised service while using our Website and Centre, we may collect and process information about you, including but not limited to your name, address, contact details such as your email address and phone number, payment card details, products you buy (personal information).
Common scenarios involving the collection and processing of your personal information by us include
Information you give us and information we collect automatically about you. For example:
- Ordering Products – if you order products on our Website or correspond with us by phone or e-mail you will give us personal information necessary to process, confirm and complete your order. This will include your delivery address and your payment card details.
- Social Media – you may give us information when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website or other social media accounts.
- Registering Online – if you decide to register as a customer on our Website, you will complete a registration form which requests personal information about you.
Information we collect about you
Every time you visit our Website, we, like most other websites, will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information – we may collect technical information such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Visit information – we may collect information about your visit to our Website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Children are not eligible to use our services and we ask that minors (under 18 years of age) do not submit any personal information to us.
Your use of the Website signifies your consent to our collection of such information
Social share buttons
- On many of the pages of the site you will see ‘Social Share buttons’. These enable users to share or bookmark pages of the Website. There are buttons for: Twitter, Facebook ‘Like’ and others. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of www.wentworthgardencentre.co.uk. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on www.wentworthgardencentre.co.uk. So if you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering that action and may use that information. In some cases, like Google and Facebook for example, these sites will be registering the fact that you are visiting www.wentworthgardencentre.co.uk, and the specific pages you are on, even if you don’t click on the button to log into their services. You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
How we use your personal information
Our principle goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient and personalised service.
We are likely to use your information for the following business purposes and activities:
- To respond to your query.
- To process, confirm and complete any order of products that you make. In order to process payments online we require the billing address for the payment card used and your payment card details, which are passed to our payment processor, Sagepay or PayPal.
Our disclosure of your information
By way of example (without limiting the foregoing), we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We can (and you authorise us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, Intellectual Property Rights infringement, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
Occasionally we may need to share your information with third parties, as outlined below:
- When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers and PayPal), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
- We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Payment Processing – we take online payments for our products and/or services. We use Sagepay as our external payment provider. In addition to the information outlined above, we require the billing address of the credit card you use so that we can pass this to Sagepay who check the address against the cardholder’s details for security purposes. We don’t store the credit card details on our server but we do store the billing details and a unique reference to your card details on the Sagepay server so that we can process refunds or so you can pay again with the same card more easily. We also use the billing details in case we need to contact you regarding payments e.g. for a failed transaction. Sagepay requires that you provide your credit card details to process the transaction. This is done on our secure server and this data is passed immediately and securely to Sagepay for their processing. All communications between our servers and Sagepay pass over an encrypted connection using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
How long we store your personal data
We will not retain your personal information for any longer than is necessary for our purposes, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Where we have been using your personal information to provide you with marketing, we will remove you from our marketing list if you ask us to do so, but we may still need to keep your information for ongoing contractual purposes if you continue to be our customer and for legal, accounting and regulatory reporting reasons.
Payment and credit card details
As explained above, we store a unique reference against your card details which allows us to process refunds automatically. Only the last four digits of your card number are available to our administrative staff. The first twelve digits are hidden so that our staff cannot see your full card details. None of your card or billing details are published on the Website in any way, nor are they visible to other users on your membership account.
Your privacy rights
In addition to the right to be informed about how we use your personal information (as set out in this Privacy & Cookies Policy), you have various other rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you – these are set out in more detail below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com, The Data Protection Officer, Wentworth Garden Centre, Hague Lane, Wentworth, Rotherham, S62 7TF.
- Right to object: You can object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Please contact us as noted above, providing details of your objection.
- Access to your personal information: You can request access to a copy of your personal data that we hold, along with information on what personal information we use, why we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and whether it has been used for any automated decision-making.
- Right to withdraw consent: If you have given us your consent to use your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time. This might impact our ability to provide goods and services to you.
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you. You can at any time review and change the information you submitted during registration by visiting the “My Account” section of the Website. You must promptly update your information if it changes.
- Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it. We may not be able to erase your personal information in certain circumstances, for example where we need to comply with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred.
- Restriction: You can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.
- No automated decision-making: Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal data to make a decision without human intervention. You have the right not to be subject to automated decisions that will create legal effects or have a similar significant impact on you, unless you have given us your consent, it is necessary for a contract between you and us or is otherwise permitted by law. You also have certain rights to challenge decisions made about you. We do not currently carry out automated decision-making in relation to you, but we will notify you by updating this Privacy & Cookies Policy if this changes.
We may need to verify your identity in order to process your request and ask you to provide valid identification documents to allow us to do so.
Wentworth Garden Centre cooperates with law enforcement inquiries and other third parties to enforce laws, Intellectual Property Rights and other rights. Local and international law enforcement agencies can request and may receive your personally identifiable information.
Other information collectors
Except as otherwise expressly discussed in this Policy, this document only addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. To the extent that you disclose your information to other parties, whether they are other members of the Website or other sites throughout the Internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the personal information you disclose to them.
Control of your password
Except as specifically permitted by this section, you should not disclose your Wentworth Garden Centre password to any third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personally identifiable information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send an email to you to amend your password.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of the Terms of Website Use.
Your right to Complain
You can make a complaint to us at email@example.com or The Data Protection Officer, Wentworth Garden Centre, Hague Lane, Wentworth, Rotherham, S62 7TF. or to the data protection supervisory authority – in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office, at https://ico.org.uk/